The goal of Bay Area Integral (BAI) is to create a vibrant, thriving community of Integral practitioners in the San Francisco Bay Area. We do this by hosting speaking events with respected teachers and authors, and by helping to form practice groups (Integral sanghas) that provide ongoing support for those who want to live a more Integral life. BAI first launched in January 2006 with two dynamic daylong events held in San Francisco, organized by Camille Nowell.
The goal of the BAI site is to be THE source of Integral info. and resources in the San Francisco Bay Area, including the North Bay, the East Bay, the Peninsula, Silicon Valley. In addition to BAI sponsored events, we list events sponsored by other groups that have an Integral focus. We also list significant events outside the Bay Area.
As of July 14, 2014, BAI is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization. Our Federal ID is 46-3005777.
Promotion of Third Party Events
As part of our mission, we regularly promote third party events that may be of interest to the Integral community. The criteria we consider for this are:
- The proposed topic should relate to Integral Theory and its many applications
- The presenter has recognized expertise in the topic
- The presentation is not purely informational; it should have some experiential component and have benefits for participants
- The event should not conflict with any BAI events around the same time (check our Upcoming Events page)
- There should be some form of value exchange with the sponsor (see below)
The support we can provide is limited to sending a dedicated email to our list 1-2 weeks before your event.
In return for our support, we look for some kind of exchange of value. Our main goal is to educate, inform and enlighten our community, and third parties who approach us typically have similar goals, so we are flexible about value exchange. It usually takes the form of reciprocal support for one of our events, or “affilliate commissions” if the presenter has that capability, and sometimes other forms.
If you would like BAI to promote your event, please contact us at least four to preferably six weeks before your event and provide the following information:
- Brief description of the topic or a link to the event page if it already exists
- Date, time, location and pricing
- Information about the presenter or a link to the presenter’s website
- Why the Integral community will be interested in the topic and what they can get from the event
- Your contact info.