Dr. Deborah Zucker: The Vitality Map: 9 Keys to Deep Health, Joyful Self-Care, and Resilient Well-Being
Dr. Deborah Zucker is a naturopathic physician, transformational health coach, and author of The Vitality Map: A Guide to Deep Health, Joyful Self-Care, and Resilient Well Being. Her holistic approach to healthcare focuses on helping mindful, compassionate people to love, nourish, and heal themselves on every level so that they can unleash their gifts and service to the world. As the founder of Vital Medicine, she offers many virtual and retreat-based programs. She holds a doctorate in naturopathic medicine from Bastyr University where she has also served as adjunct faculty, and is a graduate and past mentor of the Generating Transformative Change program in Integral Leadership at Pacific Integral. To learn more about Deborah, visit vitalmedicine.com.
Each year, thousands of new health books are published offering quick, easy lifestyle changes that will lead you to the “promised land” of overflowing vitality and boundless energy. While many of these approaches are valid, few are built to last. When confronted with the inevitable pressures and old habits, our best intentions often crumble.
Why? Most health solutions don’t go deep enough. In this intimate, experiential workshop with Dr. Deborah Zucker, she will be sharing the wisdom from her new book, The Vitality Map, and taking you on a journey into the deeper dimensions of health—beneath the diagnoses, symptoms, habits, diets, and exercises.
Drawing on her professional experience as a Naturopathic Physician as well as her own profound healing journey, Dr. Deborah will guide you through her 9 Keys to Deep Health, Joyful Self-Care, and Resilient Well-Being:
- Honoring Your Unique Life
- Facing and Embracing Your Shadows
- Strengthening Your Self-Awareness Muscles
- Cultivating Resilience
- Aligning with Your “Yes!”
- Experimenting with Playful Curiosity
- Discovering Easeful Discipline
- Inviting Support and Connection
- Living Like You Matter
Throughout the evening Dr. Deborah will be weaving together personal and professional anecdotes with guided meditation and small group exercises to help you to:
- Understand how to engender a deeper relationship with and commitment to self-care, rooted in an awake relationship to your mortality and the precious gift and honor of stewarding your unique life.
- Explore the role of your “shadows” as obstacles to creating and sustaining the changes you seek in your health journey and learn how to free yourself from the hold of your shame, self-judgments, and unconscious patterns of avoidance and self-sabotage.
- Cultivate the self-awareness, actions, skills, and attitudes to transform your most fundamental relationship to your own self-care, empowering you to create a sustainable foundation for long-term health and well-being.
The Vitality Map: 9 Keys to Deep Health, Joyful Self-Care, and Resilient Well-Being
Wednesday, September 14, 7:00 to 9:30pm
Rudramandir, 830 Bancroft Way, Berkeley
Pre-Registration: $20 regular, $12 senior/student/hardship
(Pre-registration ends 11:30pm the day before the event)
Day of Event: $25 regular, $15 senior/student/hardship
No one turned away for lack of funds
Volunteer Comp: A few available for this event; see the Volunteer page for details